Community Associate Relations Team
Put it in the C.A.R.T.
Our commitment to community service is an integral aspect of our corporate identity and culture. We believe in supporting the local communities in which we live and operate. At the heart of our community engagement initiatives stand our associates who volunteer individually or in groups for various charities and fund raising activities and events throughout the year. OSI employees have participated in many community projects including:
- MOJO (Mothers and Jobs)
- Share Our Selves Orange County Toy Drive
- Skechers Friendship Walk
- South County Outreach Backpack Drive
- Spark of Love Toy Drive
- Save Our Beach ~ Seal Beach Clean Up
- Orange County Rescue Mission Clothing Drive
- Second Harvest Food Bank Food Drive
- Operation Shoebox ~ American Armed Forces Troop Support
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light The Night Walk
- Walk To End Alzheimer’s
- Red Cross Blood Drives
- March of Dimes donations
OSI, along with our associates, encourages awareness and involvement in several medical causes by participating in “Wear The Color Days” such as:
- Red for American Heart Association
- Blue for Colorectal Cancer Awareness
- Light Blue for Scleroderma Awareness
- Purple for Alzheimer’s Awareness
- Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
In 2011, OSI started C.A.R.T. (Community Associate Relations Team). C.A.R.T. continues to create and organize opportunities to benefit and support our philanthropic, community based, educational, civic, and cultural activities. This team, and all of OSI, continue to make a difference.
In 2015 OSI started its MOJO, Mothers and Jobs, program. This program strives to support single mothers to enter and maintain employment by partnering with staffing companies engaged in the community. With our light industrial facilities and providing a clean, safe, and flexible work environment we offer ideal opportunities.
Our staffing suppliers research and recruit within our nearby communities allowing them to assist with childcare options and information on available assistance programs.
MOJO provides opportunities for single mothers to support themselves and their families with benefits to the community and the workforce as well. A portion of the proceeds generated by these employees is returned back to the community to further advance this cause.